3 Benefits of Spring Cleanse and How it Works March 25 2015
Spring is finally here! What a great time to re-energize and help our bodies to get a fresh start. This is the time to shed that winter sluggishness, the stored energy to keep us warm and is no longer needed as the seasons change. Also, it is a great opportunity for many of us to actually refresh our New Year’s resolution (remember?) to embark on a healthy, take-charge lifestyle! This is a natural time for cleansing. As the weather gets warmer, our bodies are ready to shed the extra winter pounds that kept us warm during the cold-season. And flush out toxins that may have accumulated by heavier cold-winter foods. It is a great time to reboot! Can we help our body detox? Yes! While our body is a perfect “Detox-Machine”, it is now more than ever faced with an on-onslaught of toxins from a number of sources such as processed foods, environmental pollution, pesticides on food - to name a few. And life is fast – so even if have the best intentions as to our health, it is difficult to be continuously on guard. Therefore, helping our body with a periodic “cleanse” is a great way to help it to “reboot” and “rebalance”.
Many cultures and traditions have done this for millennia. The rewards and benefits of a cleanse are great:
- Removes accumulated sluggishness of the winter months;
- You will feel lighter, more energized, and vibrant;
- You will be on a path to a healthier diet easing your body into the spring and summer season;
How does this work? How can we assist our body in this process?
- By cutting out processed foods and other toxins during the cleanse;
- By hydrating well for an extended period of time (the cleanse time);
- By giving your body a break, you may see regular symptoms like headaches, general aches, congested sinuses, fatigue, rashes, bloating/cramping/gas start to go away;
- By improving circulation and refueling the body with healthy super-nutrients;
- By cleaning our taste buds, making fresh food feel alive, interesting and delicious;
- By reducing inflammation;
If you are interested, take a look at our cleanse selection. We recommend a 6-day cleanse, as it allows for balancing of our food intake, our taste buds and our food cravings, putting us on a sustainable path to a healthier diet afterwards.